International Flight Information
Being able to undertake quarantine free travel between New Zealand and Australia is an important step back towards normal. But we are not yet back at normal. Here is some additional information and required forms for travellers flying internationally to or from Norfolk Island (Quarantine Free Travel)
Quarantine-Free Travel between New Zealand and Australia
- Passengers must not have been in or visited a country outside Australia or New Zealand for at least 14 days before departure. International connections are not permitted.
- Passengers must meet the eligibility requirements as directed by the New Zealand and Australian Governments. This includes pre-departure documents. Please see the requirements below for the respective destinations.
- Before you travel, give yourself extra time when arriving at the airport and have all your required documentation available to assist the check-in screening process.
Travelling to Australia
Before you travel to Australia, you will need to complete the online Australia Travel Declaration at least 72 hours before your departure to Australia. You will be asked to present your completed declaration before you can check-in at the airport.
In addition, Norfolk Island have their own conditions of entry, COVID-19 Travel Information, and Entry Pass. It is a requirement that all visitors travelling to Norfolk Island apply for a Norfolk Island Entry Pass as well as the Australian Travel Declaration.
For additional information, please ensure you visit the following websites to ensure you meet and understand all entry requirements in a Quarantine Free Travel zone.
The New Zealand Government also wishes to advise all passengers travelling to Australia of the following: Annex 2: Information for Passengers to be provided by Airlines at Booking – New Zealand to Australia
Travelling to New Zealand
- Before you travel to New Zealand, you will need to complete the online New Zealand Travel Declaration.
- Be sure to also check here on what you need to do before you travel in a quarantine free zone.
- You will be required to complete a health declaration questionnaire at check-in. If you have any pre-existing conditions, you will need to provide a medical certificate for check-in, to avoid the potential of being denied boarding.
As part of the health declaration questionnaire, you will need to confirm the following:
- You have spent the previous 14 days before you depart in either Australia or New Zealand. Note that you can visit each country for any length of time and are not required to stay for 14 days.
- You have not had a positive COVID-19 test in the 14 days before you depart.
- You are not waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test taken in the past 14 days.
- You are not experiencing any of the following symptoms with or without a fever:
- new or worsening cough
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss of sense of smell
For further information on quarantine free travel with Australia, please visit the New Zealand Government Official website.
Finally, the New Zealand Government wishes to advise all passengers traveling to New Zealand from Australia of the following: Annex 1: Information for Passengers to be provided by Airlines at Booking – Australia to New Zealand