Coronavirus Travel Requirements
Coronavirus Alert Level 1 & 2 Information - COVID-19
What can you expect from Air Chathams during Alert Level 1 & 2?
- If you are sick, stay home. Do not travel.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get a Covid-19 test.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands!
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and we will be regularly disinfecting shared surfaces for your peace of mind.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate, you must do so immediately.
- If you are concerned about your wellbeing, or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you have been and who you have seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Air Chathams will help our passengers to keep track of their movements on-board our flights and by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
- Social distancing is still encouraged but will not be enforced during flight.
To ensure that we keep YOU and our EMPLOYEES safe we continue to ensure that our an extensive COVID-19 Operating Safely Plan is kept updated with the latest information released by the New Zealand Government.
Controls at the borders remain for those entering New Zealand, including health screening, and testing for all arrivals, and mandatory 14-day managed quarantine or isolation.
It is also important that we keep the basic hygiene measures that worked so well through higher Alert Levels going and Air Chathams is committed to doing this on-board all our aircraft and within our office areas.
We will continue to keep track of all our passengers who have travelled with Air Chathams to assist with contact tracing if it is requested by health officials.
Arrivals and Departures from Airport Terminals
All our Check-in desks are displaying the Ministry of Health QR code unique to Air Chathams, we encourage all our passengers to please download the app and use this when checking in to any of our flights. Please be aware that all airports we operate to/from have additional requirements in place. Only passengers are allowed into the terminals, and you must have identification and a travel document (an electronic copy on your phone is sufficient).
Our ‘On-board Mandatory Controls’ have been adjusted to align with Alert Level 1 & 2 guidelines as indicated below:
Air Chathams Mandatory Controls
Our reservations and customer service team are dealing with a significant number of enquiries at present. We thank you for your patience and support during this demanding time.
Air Chathams will continue to refund Full Economy airfares only. All other fares will be eligible for an EMD (credit note) which will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue for travel on any available service (2020/2021). We will review further time extensions or refunds at a later date once more information regarding Covid 19 pandemic effects has been assessed.
We appreciate your continuing support and patience as we navigate our way through this very unique and challenging time.
Please note that flight credits (EMD) requests for Covid-19 related travel changes must be received a minimum of 7 days prior to the date of first travel. Requests received within 7 days of travel may not be accepted unless extenuating circumstances deemed a shorter time frame for requests to be made. Please note that proof of situation changes will be required. Thank you
We will be not be flying to Norfolk Island while border restrictions remain for Norfolk Island.
For queries about booking flights and reservations, please email us on [email protected] or phone 0800 580 127.