Explore the Whanganui River, immerse yourself in museums and art galleries, take a leisurely cycle or walk in the natural parks and reserves on your weekend away!
Fly, Stay & Play - SUMMER 21/22
The Whanganui region is rich in history, culture and natural environment. Whanganui city is a unique blend of heritage architecture and cutting-edge creativity. Explore the Whanganui River, immerse yourself in museums and art galleries, take a leisurely cycle or walk in the natural parks and reserves on your weekend away!
This package includes
- Return Flights for 2 via Auckland (depart Friday, return Sunday)
- 2 Nights accommodation at the Kings Court Motel
- 2 Tickets including: a Whanganui River Cruise on board the Paddle Steamer Waimarie, a walking history tour of Whanganui and a trip to the Durie Hill Memorial Tower and Elevator
All for only $1008.00*
*10% off normal summer rates
Book now to reserve your flights, accommodation and activity.
Kings Court Motel - Queen Studio Room
Stay for 2 nights at the Kings Court Motel in Whanganui in one of their Queen Studio Rooms. This accommodation is a Qualmark rated 4 star motel located within 200 metres of the city centre and within walking distance of a good selection of family, café and quality dining.
Take time out to enjoy the quiet garden setting of this delightful character motel with 12 ground-floor, easily accessible units, generously sized and well appointed with the benefit of adjacent parking.
The setting is idyllic, in the heart of the city yet situated in a quiet park-like setting, a peaceful haven to relax or plan your day's activities.
Local historian Kyle Dalton will take you on a Friday evening walking tour where you will learn more about the rich history of the Whanganui region. Saturday morning you will embark on a unique river cruise aboard the iconic Paddle Steamer Waimarie – New Zealand’s only coal fired paddle steamer operating from the golden riverboat era of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. On Sunday, travel on the Durie Hill Elevator - New Zealand’s only public transport Elevator, still used on a daily basis by locals to get to the Durie Hill Garden Suburb, and by visitors to see the views at the Elevator and War Memorial Towers.
This activity includes:
- A Friday evening walking tour to learn about the history of Whanganui from local historian Kyle Dalton
- A Saturday Whanganui River Cruise on board the Paddle Steamer Waimarie (including a bagged lunch!)
- A Sunday trip up the Durie Hill Memorial Tower and Elevator
View our package Terms & Conditions HERE