Chatham Island general freight rates (including GST) to/from Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington:
General Freight - $3.50 / kg
Minimum charge $17.50 (under 5 kg)
Excess Baggage - $3.50 / kg (charged per kilo over the standard 23kg allowance)
Chathams Islands Freight Depots
|Auckland Airpost - Gate No. 6
Lawrence Steven Drive
||021 580 226
||7am to 2pm
(Monday to Friday)
|Christchurch Menzies Aviation
Cnr Ron Guthrie & Perimeter Rds
||021 580 224
||8 am to 5pm
7days a week
|Wellington Air New Zealand Cargo
||021 580 225
||8 am to 5pm
7 days a week
Auckland Whakatane Freight Services
Air Chathams would be pleased to assist you with your freight requirements between Whakatane and Auckland. General information:
- The freight rate is $2 per kilo with a minimum cost per package of $15.
- Freight costs must be paid before travel, unless an account is held with Air Chathams.
- All freight is transported on a space available basis.
- There is no dangerous goods acceptance available at either airport
Does your business require regular freight services? If so, subject to normal credit checks, a charge account can be set up by calling Freephone 0800 580 127.
Whakatane Airport Procedures
- All cargo must go through Whakatane terminal (pickup/dropoff).
- EFTPOS and Credit Card payment options are available.
- No Dangerous Good acceptance is available.
- Cargo collection is available during business hours only and when scheduled flights are arriving/departing (weekends etc).
- Airport Phone 07 307 9586,
- Delivery address 216 Aerodrome Rd, Whakatane, Thornton 3191
Auckland Airport Procedures
Primary option - Domestic Terminal
- Air Chathams Counter located at Auckland Domestic Terminal (pickup/dropoff).
- EFTPOS/Credit Card payment available.
- No Dangerous Good acceptance available.
- Cargo collection available during business hours only, and when flight schedule is arriving/departing (weekends etc).
- Airport Phone 09 275 9120 or Freephone 0800 580 127.
Secondary Option - Air Post/Air Chathams Cargo Depot
This option is suitable for courier, account holders and for larger items.
- Air Post/Air Chatham Cargo depot is located at Gate 70, Laurence Stevens Drive, Auckland Airport.
- Opening hours are 7am to 2pm weekdays only.
- Available for larger items, and courier dropoffs etc.
- Cash payment only, freight should be prepaid or charge account available prior to drop off.
Pets and Animals
- Pets/Animals can be carried and will be charged at standard freight rates.
- Pets cannot be kept overnight at Air Chatham Cargo premises.
- Animals must travel with a customer.
- The customer must supply a ‘secure and leak-proof box’.